On this page you will find a miscellaneous selection of items about our church that we feel are worthy of a special mention.
Harrison and Harrison Organ from 1875
Harrison and Harrison Organ In June 2013, The British Institute of Organ Studies awarded a Grade II certificate to St Vigeans organ, recognising it “as a good example of a Harrison and Harrison organ from 1875” –Grade II only was awarded due to tonal alterations made in the 1920s and there was a complete overhaul in 1978 under the leadership of the minister Rev. R. L. Glover, himself an organist. The two manual organ was installed at a cost of £395 in 1875—an unusually early date for a country church in Scotland. The certificate ensures that the organ is listed in the Institute’s Register of Historic Pipe Organs, “as being an instrument of importance to the national heritage and one deserving careful preservation for the benefit of future generations.” A close inspection of the organ and its stops can be arranged for anyone interested. Contact organist, Helen M Addison, tel 01241 872375